Referred Journal Publications
38. H. Sabarou, V. Drozd, O. Awadallah, A. Durygin, S. Darvish, D. Huang, H. Robinson, Y Zhong, “The Role of Oxygen Partial Pressure in Structural Instability of PMN-28PT”, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, submitted, 2018
37. A. Smith, M. Asadikiya, M. Yang, Y. Zhong, “Investigation of the Stabilities of Secondary Phases in Grade 91 Steels Through CALPHAD Approach”,Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, Submitted, 2017
36. M. Asadikiya, P. Foroughi, Y. Zhong, “Re-Evaluation of the Thermodynamic Equilibria on the Zirconia-Rich Side of the ZrO2-YO1.5 System”, CALPHAD, Vol.61, 2018, pp.264-274
35. N. Li, M. Asadikiya, Y. Zhong, P. Singh, “Evolution of Porous YSZ Surface Morphology in YSZ-MnOx System”, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, in print, 2018
34. S. Darvish, C. Wang, S.P. Jiang, Y. Zhong, “Thermodynamic Stability Mapping and Electrochemical Study of La1-xSrxCo0.2Fe0.8O3±δ–SO2–O2 (x=0.2-0.4) of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells in the presence of SO2” Electrochemica acta, Accepted, 2018
33. M. Asadikiya, Y. Zhong, “Oxygen Ion Mobility and Conductivity Prediction in Cubic Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia Single Crystals”, Journal of Materials Science, Volume 53, Issue 3, 2018, pp. 1699-1709
32. M. Asadikiya, Y. Zhu, S. Gopalan, Y.-c. Chuang, P.-c. Tsai, R.N. Nasara, S.-k. Lin, Y. Zhong, “Integrated Investigation of the Li4Ti5O12 Phase Stability”, Ionics, Volume 24, Issue 3, pp 707–713, 2018
31. S. Gupta; H. Sabarou; Y. Zhong; P. Singh, “Role of chromium: Iron ratio and oxygen partial pressure on the processing and chemical stability of iron doped lanthanum strontium chromite based OTM”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 42, Issue 40, 2017, pp. 25351-25358
30. H. Sabarou, S. Darvish, S. Gupta, P. Singh, Y. Zhong, “Thermodynamic Assessment of the Chemical Stability of (La0.8Sr0.2)0.98CrxFe1-xO3±δ under OTM Fabrication and Operation Conditions”, Solid State Ionics, Vol. 310, 2017, pp. 1-9.
29. Z. Lu, S. Darvish, J. Hardy, J. Templeton, J. Stevenson, Y. Zhong, “SrZrO3 formation at the interlayer/electrolyte interface during (La1-xSrx)1-δCo1-yFeyO3 cathode sintering”, Journal of Electrochemical Society, Vol. 164, Issue 10, 2017, F3097-F3103.
28. H. Sabarou, D. Huang, Y. Zhong, “Thermodynamic Investigation on the PMN-PT Stoichiometry Change During Thermocycling” Volume 43, Issue 15, 2017, pp. 12249-12257
27. M. Asadikiya, C. Rudolf, C. Zhang, B. Boesl, A. Agarwal, Y. Zhong, “The Effect of Sintering Parameters on Spark Plasma Sintering of B4C”, Ceramics International, Volume 43, Issue 14, 2017, pp. 11182-11188.
26. C. Wang, K. Chen, M. R. Rowles,J. Hyodo, S.-S. Liu, T. Ishihara,S. Darvish, Y. Zhong, S. P. Jiang, , “Effect of SO2 Poisoning on the Electrochemical Activity of La0.6Sr0.4Co0.2Fe0.8O3-δ Cathodes of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells”, Journal of The Electrochemical Society 164(6), 2017, F514-F524.
25. M. Asadikiya, C. Rudolf, C. Zhang, B. Boesl, A. Agarwal, Y. Zhong, “Thermodynamic Modeling and Investigation of the Oxygen Effect on the Sintering of B4C”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 699, 2017, pp.1022-1029.
24. S. Gupta; H. Sabarou; Y. Zhong; P. Singh, “Phase evolution and electrochemical performance of iron doped lanthanum strontium chromite in oxidizing and reducing atmosphere” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy,Volume 42, Issue 9, 2017, Pages 6262–6271
23. S. Darvish, S. Gopalan, Y. Zhong,”Thermodynamic stability maps for the La0.6Sr0.4Co0.2Fe0.8O3±δ–CO2–O2 system for application in solid oxide fuel cells” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 336, 2016, pp. 351-359.
22. S. Darvish, M. Asadikiya, Boxun Hu, Prabhakar Singh, Y. Zhong, “Thermodynamic Prediction of the Effect of CO2 on the Stability of (La0.8Sr0.2)0.98MnO3±δ System” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 41, Issue 24, 2016, pp. 10239-10248.
21. M. Asadikiya, H. Sabarou, M. Chen, Y. Zhong, “Phase Diagram for Nano Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia System”, RSC Advances, vol. 6, 2016, pp. 17438-17445.
20. S. Gupta, Y. Zhong, P. Singh, “Processing and electrochemical performance of manganese-doped lanthanum-strontium chromite in oxidizing and reducing atmospheres” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 40, Issue 39, 2015, pp. 13479–13489.
19. S. Darvish, H. Sabarou, S. K. Saxena and Y. Zhong, “Quantitative Defect Chemistry Analysis and Electronic Conductivity Prediction Of La0.8Sr0.2MnO3±δ Perovskite” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 162, Issue 9, 2015, pp. E134-E140.
17. Y. Zhong, D. D. MacDonald, “Thermodynamics of the Zr-H Binary System Related to Nuclear Fuel Sheathing and Pressure Tube Hydriding”, Journal of Nuclear Materials, vol. 423, Issue 1, 2012, pp. 87-92.
16. C. Levy, Y. Zhong, C. Morel, S. Marlin, ” Thermodynamic Stabilities of La2Zr2O7 and SrZrO3 in SOFC and Their Relationship with LSM Synthesis Processes”, Journal of the electrochemistry society, vol.157, Issue 11, 2010, pp. B1597-B1601.
15. M. Yang, Y. Wang, Y. Zhong, and Z. K. Liu, “Defect Chemistry and Thermodynamic Modeling of LaCoO3-δ”, Solid State Ionics, vol.178 Issue 15-18, 2007, pp. 1027-1032.
14. Y. Zhong, J. Liu, R. A. Witt, Y. H. Sohn, and Z. K. Liu, “Al2(Mg,Ca) Phases in Mg-Al-Ca Ternary System: First-Principles Prediction and Experimental Identification”, Scripta Materialia, Vol. 55, No.6, 2006, pp.573-576.
13. Y. Zhong, J. Sofo, A. A. Luo, and Z. K. Liu, “Thermodynamics modeling of the Mg–Sr and Ca–Mg–Sr systems”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol.421, 2006, pp.172-178.
12. Y. Zhong, K. Ozturk, J. Sofo, and Z. K. Liu, “Contribution of first-principles energetics to the Ca–Mg thermodynamic modeling”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 420, No.1-2, 2006, pp.98-106.
11. S.J. Zhang, C. Brubaker, C. Jiang, M. Yang, Y. Zhong, Q.Y. Han, Z.K. Liu, “A combined first-principles calculation and thermodynamic modeling of the F-K-Na system”, Materials Science and Engineering A, Vol.418 No.1-2, 2006, pp.161-171.
10. Y. Zhong, M. Yang, and Z. K. Liu, “Contribution of First-Principles Energetics to the Al-Mg Thermodynamic Database”, CALPHAD, 2005, pp. 303-311.
9. Y. Zhong, A. A. Luo, J. Sofo, and Z. K. Liu, ” First-Principles Investigation of Laves Phases in Mg-Al-Ca System”, Materials Science Forum, Vol. 488-489, 2005, pp. 169-175.
8. K. Ozturk, Y. Zhong, L. Q. Chen, C. Wolverton, J. Sofo and Z. K. Liu, “Linking First-Principles Energetics to CALPHAD: An Application to Thermodynamic Modeling of the Al-Ca Binary System”, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, Vol.36, 2005, pp.5-13.
7. Y. Zhong, C. Wolverton, Y. Austin Chang and Z. K. Liu, “A Combined CALPHAD/First-Principles Remodeling of the Thermodynamics of Al-Sr:Unsuspected Ground State Energies by “Rounding up the (Un)usual Suspects””, Acta Metall. Vol. 52, No. 9, 2004, pp. 2739-2754.
6. Y. Zhong, K. Ozturk and Z. K. Liu, “Thermodynamic modeling of the Ca-Sr-Zn ternary system”, Journal of Phase Equilibria, Vol.24, 2003, pp. 340-346.
5. K. Ozturk, Y. Zhong, A. A. Luo and Z. K. Liu, “Creep resistant Mg-Al-Ca alloys: Computational thermodynamics and experimental investigation”, JOM, Vol.55, 2003, pp. A40-A44.
4. Z. K. Liu, Y. Zhong, D. G. Schlom, X. X. Xi and Q. Li,”Computational thermodynamic modeling of the Mg-B system” CALPHAD, 25 (2001) 299-303.
3. X. X. Xi, X. H. Zeng, A. V. Pogrebnyakov, A. Soukiassian, S. Y. Xu, Y. F. Hu, E. Wertz, Q. Li, Y. Zhong, C. O. Brubaker, Z. K. Liu, E. M. Lysczek, J. M. Redwing, J. Lettieri, D. G. Schlom, W. Tian, H. P. Sun and X. Q. Pan, “Deposition and properties of superconducting MgB2 thin films”, Journal of Superconductivity, Vol.16, 2003, pp. 801-806.
2. X. X. Xi, X. H. Zeng, A. V. Pogrebnyakov, S. Y. Xu, Q. Li, Y. Zhong, C. O. Brubaker, Z. K. Liu, E. M. Lysczek, J. M. Redwing, J. Lettieri, D. G. Schlom, W. Tian and X. Q. Pan, “In situ growth of MgB2 thin films by hybrid physical-chemical vapor deposition”, IEEE T. Appl. Supercon., Vol.13, 2003, pp. 3233-3237.
1. X. X. Xi, X. H. Zeng, A. Soukiassian, J. Jones, J. Hotchkiss, Y. Zhong, C. O. Brubaker, Z. K. Liu, J. Lettieri, D. G. Schlom, Y. F. Hu, E. Wertz, Q. Li, W. Tian, H. P. Sun and X. Q. Pan,”Thermodynamics and thin film deposition of MgB2 superconductors” Supercond. Sci. Technol., 15 (2002) 451-457.
2. S. Darvish, M. Asadikiya, M. Yang, Y. Zhong, “The Application of Computational Thermodynamics to the Cathode-Electrolyte in SolidOxide Fuel Cells”, Ed. J. Liu, Nanostructured Materials for Next-Generation Energy Storage and Conversion, Springer-Nature, 2017
1. Y. Zhong, Z.K. Liu, “Alloy Development – Application of Computational Thermodynamics”, Ed. M. Pohlig, Encyclopedia of Magnesium and Its Alloys, Taylor & Francis Group, accepted, 2018
Non-Refereed Bound Research Proceedings
11. A. Smith, M. Asadikiya, Y. Zhong, “The Fundamental Thermodynamic Investigation on the Grade 91 Alloy”, accepted, MS&T 2017
10.H. Sabarou, Y. Zhong, “Investigation on the Phase Stability of Perovskite in La-Sr-Cr-Fe-O System”, Advances in Solid Oxide Fuel Cells and Electronic Ceramics II: Ceramic Engineering and Science Proceedings Volume 37, Issue 3
9. Y. Zhang, G. Wang, Y. Zhong, Y. Rong, “The Material Mechanism of Hydrogen/ Vacuum Annealingon Soft Magnetic Properties for 1J50 Alloy”, Phase Stability, Diffusion Kinetics, and their Applications (PSDK-X), accepted, MS&T 2015.
8. Mohammad Asadikiya, Christopher Rudolf, Cheng Zhang, Benjamin Boesl, Yu Zhong, “The Role Of Calphad Approach In The Sintering Of B4C With SiC As A Sintering Aid By Spark Plasma Sintering Technique”, 11th International Conference on Ceramic Materials and Components for Energy and Environmental Applications (CMCEE 2015)
7. S. Darvish, A. Karbasi, S. K. Saxena and Y. Zhong, “ Weight Loss Mechanism of (La0.8Sr0.2)0.98MnO3±δ During Thermal Cycles”, Mechanical Properties and Performance of Engineering Ceramics and Composites X, 2015, pp.93-99.
6. S. Darvish, S. K. Saxena and Y. Zhong, “Quantitative Analysis of (La0.8Sr0.2)0.98MnO3±δ Electronic Conductivity Using Calphad Approach”, Developments in Strategic Ceramic Materials, 2015, pp.179-189.
5. C. Levy, Y. Zhong, C. Morel, S. Marlin, “Fused LSM: a novel powder limiting the formation of La2Zr2O7 and SrZrO3 resistive phases at the interface with YSZ in SOFC cathodes”, ECS Transactions, Vol.25 Issue 2, 2009, pp. 2815-2823.
4. Y. Zhong, A. Luo, J. F. Nie, J. O. Sofo and Z.-K. Liu, “New Phases in Mg-Al-Ca System,” N. R. Neelameggham, H. I. Kaplan, B. R. Powell, Eds., Magnesium Technology 2005, San Francisco, CA, USA, pp.185-190.
3. Y. Zhong, A. Luo, J. Sofo, and Z. K. Liu, ” Laves Phases in Mg-Al-Ca Alloys”, A. Luo, Ed., Magnesium Technology 2004, Charlotte, NC, USA, pp. 317-323.
2. Y. Zhong, K. Ozturk, Z. K. Liu and A. A. Luo, “Computational thermodynamics and experimental investigation of the Mg-Al-Ca-Sr alloys”, H. I. Kaplan, Ed., Magnesium Technology 2002, Seattle, WA, USA, pp. 69-73.
1. Y. Ozturk, Y. Zhong, Z. K. Liu and A. A. Luo, “Computational thermodynamics and experimental investigation of Mg-Al-Ca alloys”, J. N. Hryn, Ed., Magnesium Technology 2001, New Orleans, LA, USA, pp. 113-117.
Patents and Invention Disclosures
1. C. Reilly and Y. Zhong, Silicon Carbide Body and Method of Forming Same, US 20120171463 A1, WO2012092587A3
2. Clark, N. Bhiwankar, Y. Zhong, V. Rajamani, G. Dorairaju, C. Honeker, J. Mulet, and M. Berard, A film for photovoltaic devices, US 20120282437A1, WO 2012150951A1
3. 10 Invention disclosures